- Title Pages
- Praise poem
- 1 Max Gluckman in South Africa: role model, early leadership
- 2 Max Gluckman’s commitments, projects and legacies
- 3 Elizabeth Colson: home town anthropologist, systems sceptic
- 4 Clyde Mitchell and A. L. Epstein: urban perspectives
- 5 Relational thought, networks, circles
- 6 Friendship, interlocking directorates, cosmopolitanism
- 7 A. L. Epstein’s enduring argument: the reasonable man and emotion
- 8 Victor Turner’s ‘voyage of discovery’
- 9 The re-analysis of <i>Chihamba, the White Spirit</i>
- 10 Anthropology and the postcolonial
- Anthropology after Gluckman
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.