- Title Pages
- 1 Towards a theory of thrift
- 2 Religious thrift: Puritans, Quakers and Methodists
- 3 Individualist thrift: Benjamin Franklin, Samuel Smiles and Victorian moralism
- 4 Spiritual thrift: simplicity, sensuality and politics in Henry Thoreau
- 5 Nationalist thrift: making do, rationing and nostalgic austerity
- 6 Consumer thrift: Keynes, consumer rights and the new thrifty consumers
- 7 Ecological thrift: frugality, de-growth and Voluntary Simplicity
- Conclusion: Thoreau in the city
- A Brief History of Thrift
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.