- Title Pages
- List of figures
- List of tables
- 1 Introduction: Karl Polanyi in the twenty-first century<sup>1</sup>
- 2 The return of Karl Polanyi: from the Bennington Lectures to Our Present Age of Transformation
- 3 Debt, land and money: from Polanyi to the new economic archaeology
- 4 Commodified money and crustacean nations<sup>1</sup>
- 5 Double movement, embeddedness and the transformation of the financial system
- 6 The reality of society<sup>1</sup>
- 7 Fictitious ideas, social facts and the double movement: Polanyi’s framework in the age of neoliberalism
- 8 Multilinear trajectories: Polanyi, <i>The Great Transformation</i> and the American exception
- 9 This freedom kills: Karl Polanyi’s quest for an alternative to the liberal vision of freedom
- 10 Polanyi’s democratic socialist vision: Piketty through the lens of Polanyi
- 11 Karl Polanyi as a precursor of world-systems theorists: an investigation of the theoretical lineage to Giovanni Arrighi
- 12 Polanyi in space
- Karl Polanyi and twenty-first-century capitalism
- Radhika Desai, Kari Polanyi Levitt
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.