- Title Pages
- 1 The culture of dynasticism
- 2 The culture of the Cheshire gentleman
- 3 The governance of the shire
- Part I conclusion
- 4 Cheshire politics in the 1620s and 1630s
- 5 Puritans and ecclesiastical government
- Part II conclusion
- 6 Petitioning and the search for settlement
- 7 The search for the centre as partisan enterprise?
- 8 Cheshire and the outbreak of civil war
- Part III conclusion
- Bibliography of manuscript sources
- Gentry culture and the politics of religion
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.