- Title Pages
- Plates and figures
- 1 ‘The pleasant manufactory’
- 2 From model factory to modern factory
- 3 ‘The Factory in a Garden’/‘The Garden in a Factory’
- 4 ‘Happy healthy workers are the world’s best’: factory landscapes, leisure and the model employee
- 5 Designing the company Arcadia
- 6 ‘The Most Beautiful Factory in the World’: the power of the garden image
- 7 Factory gardens and parks: profits or perks?
- 8 From factory gardens to ‘connected gardens’
- Select gazetteer: company gardens and parks <i>c</i>.1750–<i>c</i>.1960 and offices and office parks with significant landscaping, 1970–2015
- The Factory in a Garden
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.