- Title Pages
- Note on translations
- I The usurpation of nobility and low-born passers
- 1 Theorising and practising nobility
- 2 The forgery of nobility in literary texts
- II Conversos and the threat of sameness
- 3 Spotting Converso blood in official and unofficial discourses
- 4 The unmasking of Conversos in popular and literary texts
- III Moriscos and the reassurance of difference
- 5 Imagining the Morisco problem
- 6 Desirable Moors and Moriscos in literary texts
- The Anxiety of Sameness In Early Modern Spain
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.