- Title Pages
- 1 ‘Free gift’ or ‘infiltration’?: Negotiating the Fulbright Agreement
- 2 ‘A steady stream of new problems’: Politics and teething issues
- 3 ‘Bright scientific moles’ v. ‘goodwill ambassador extroverts’: Choosing a Fulbright scholar
- 4 ‘Mutual benefit’ v. ‘the needs of the country’: Programming academic fields
- 5 ‘Meeting [our] domestic Communism problem’: Cold War governance and the public university
- 6 Education, or ‘part of our foreign policy’?: At war in Vietnam
- 7 ‘Experience is the only teacher’: Academic ambassadors interpret ‘mutual understanding’
- 8 ‘Just because one is a woman’: Forging careers and changing the gender landscape
- 9 From ‘White Australia’ to ‘the race question in America’: Confronting racial diversity
- 10 ‘In the climate of continuing financial restraint’: Finding a sustainable future in the neo-liberal university
- Academic ambassadors, Pacific allies
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.