- Title Pages
- 1 Images of the world, images of conflict
- 2 Worldmaking frame by frame
- 3 Working images: Harun Farocki and the operational image
- 4 Affective image operations
- 5 Method, madness and montage: assemblages of images and the production of knowledge
- 6 Image operations: refracting control from virtual reality to the digital battlefield
- 7 Sensorship: the seen unseen of drone warfare
- 8 Images that Last? Iraq videos from YouTube to WikiLeaks
- 9 Images of terror
- 10 The making and gendering of a martyr: images of female suicide bombers in the Middle East
- 11 Photographic archives and archival entities
- 12 Exposing the invisible: visual investigation and conflict
- 13 Human rights in an age of distant witnesses: remixed lives, reincarnated images and live-streamed co-presence
- 14 The hunger striker: a case for embodied visuality
- 15 The visual commons: counter-power in photography from slavery to Occupy Wall Street
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.