- Title Pages
- Introduction Reframing cultures of decolonisation
- Chapter One Black America and the overthrow of the European colonial order
- Chapter Two Humanist modernism
- Chapter Three Henry Swanzy, Sartre’s zombie?
- Chapter Four Anxiety abroad
- Chapter Five The peasant armed
- Chapter Six Cultural heritage as performance
- Chapter Seven ‘I still don’t have a country’
- Chapter Eight Managing the cultural past in the newly independent states of Mali and Ghana
- Chapter Nine More than tropical?
- Chapter Ten Designing change
- Chapter Eleven What colonial legacy?
- Cultures of Decolonisation
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.