- Title Pages
- List of illustrations
- Series editors’ preface
- Introduction This strange, eventful history
- Chapter I Play, parts and players
- Chapter II Hunting for Arden in Warwickshire
- Chapter III Materials of performance: denim and silk
- Chapter IV Between France and Germany
- Chapter V At all points like a man
- Chapter VI Woeful pageants
- Chapter VII As we like it
- Appendix Major actors and staff for productions discussed in this volume
- As You Like It
- J. R. Mulryne, James C. Bulman, Carol Chillington Rutter
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.