- Title Pages
- Tables and boxes
- 1 Reggae and Rastafari: A short history
- 2 Interpreting songs: Notes on methodology
- 3 A diachronic analysis of Jamaican reggae charts, 1968–2000
- 4 The construction of a musical memory
- 5 Slavery and the diaspora: Temporal and spatial articulations
- 6 The construction of a religious chain of memory
- 7 Messianism, between past and future
- 8 Hope and redemption
- 9 The eschatology as future-present
- 10 The construction of a socio-political memory
- 11 Rhetoric of oppression and social critique
- 12 Only rasta can liberate the people: Resistance and revolution<sup>1</sup>
- 13 Time and memory
- Annex I: List of songs mentioned, by artist
- Annex 2: Albums in the corpus
- Time and Memory in Reggae Music
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.