- Title Pages
- Note on the transcription of texts
- Introduction: making novel readers
- 1 The novel and its critics
- 2 The temporality of genre
- Part II Paratexts: the genesis of genre
- 3 Seventeenth-century writing: shifting forms
- 4 Paratext and drama
- 5 Paratext and prose
- Part III The Restoration novel
- 6 Narrating, telling, and speaking
- 7 Types, characters, individuals
- 8 Truth and fiction: reality and the page
- Conclusion: reading a genre into being
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.