- Title Pages
- Figures and tables
- Preface and acknowledgements
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Hincmar’s life in his historical writings
- 3 To fight with words
- 4 An unfortunate necessity? Hincmar and Lothar I
- 5 ‘We are between the hammer and the anvil’
- 6 Hincmar’s influence during Louis the Stammerer’s reign
- 7 Hincmar and his Roman legal sources1
- 8 Hincmar et la loi revisited
- 9 The bishop and the law, according to Hincmar’s life of Saint Remigius
- 10 Family order and kingship according to Hincmar
- 11 ‘The praetor does concern himself with trifles’
- 12 Hincmar’s parish priests1
- 13 Heresy in the flesh
- 14 Hincmar, priests and Pseudo-Isidore
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.