- Title Pages
- List of plates
- Series editors’ foreword
- Introduction: we need to talk about Julien
- 1 The ‘impure’ auteur
- 2 Duvivier’s silent films
- 3 Sound, image, Gabin: Duvivier and the 1930s
- 4 ‘Piloting with concentration’: Julien goes to Hollywood
- 5 1946–56: darkness and light
- 6 Late style
- Select bibliography
- Julien Duvivier
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.