- Title Pages
- Selected titles available in the series
- List of figures
- List of Contributors
- Series editor's introduction
- Preface and acknowledgements
- Introduction: Garden cities and colonial planning: transnationality and urban ideas in Africa and Palestine
- Part One Garden cities and colonial Africa
- Chapter One Symbolic usage of the ‘garden city’ concept during the French Protectorate in Morocco: from the Howardian modelto garden housing estates†
- Chapter two From metropolitan to colonial planning: Dakar between garden city and cité-jardin
- Chapter three The ‘plateau’ in West African, French-speaking colonial towns: between garden and city†
- Chapter Four The afterlife of the Lanchester Plan: Zanzibar as the garden city of tomorrow
- Part Two Garden cities in colonial and Mandatory Palestine (Eretz Israel)
- Chapter FIVE ‘May be solved by the construction of garden cities’: German-Jewish literary proposals on garden cities in Eretz Israel
- Chapter SIX Urban development and the ‘garden city’: examples from late Ottoman-era Palestine and the late British Mandate
- Chapter Seven Garden cities and suburbs in Palestine: the case of Tel Aviv
- Garden cities and colonial planning
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.