- Title Pages
- List of Tables
- <b>General Editor's Introduction</b>
- List of Abbreviations
- Introduction Imagining Socialism and Communism in Algeria
- Chapter One The Land and Its Conquest
- Chapter Two Grappling for a Communist Foothold
- Chapter Three ‘The Mountain “Was Going Communist”‘: Peasant Struggles on the Mitidja
- Chapter Four ‘This Land is not for Sale’: Communists, Nationalists and the Popular Front
- Chapter Five The Nation in Formation: Communists and Nationalists During the Second World War
- Chapter Six For an Algerian National Front: Unity and Division in the Liberation Struggle
- Chapter Seven Sparking An Insurrection: Pressure from the Countryside
- Chapter Eight ‘Our People Will Overcome’: to the Cities and the Prisons
- Chapter Nine ‘We Need a Country That Talks’: Imagining the Future Algeria
- Conclusion Lgerian Communists and the New Algeria
- We are no longer in France
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.