- Title Pages
- List of figures
- Part I Swing in context
- 1 Rough men, pleasant histories
- 2 Life and labour on and off the parish
- 3 Something before Swing or Swing itself?
- Part II Swing as movement
- 4 Movement dynamics and diffusion<sup>1</sup>
- 5 Movement mechanisms
- Part III Chopsticks’ politics
- 6 The politics of the parish
- 7 Radical participatory politics
- 8 The gender politics of Swing
- Part IV Responses to Swing
- 9 Suppressing Swing
- 10 Swing and social policy
- 11 Something after Swing?<sup>1</sup>
- Appendix Reported protest incidents, 24 August–31 December 1830
- The rural war
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.