- Title Pages
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Family and community: surveying women and the family
- 3 Educating mothers: family, school and antenatal education
- 4 Pregnancy and childbirth: antenatal care, birth and postnatal care
- 5 Experts and childcare ‘bibles’: mothers and advice literature
- 6 Working and caring: women's labour inside and outside the home
- 7 Breadwinners and homemakers: ideals of men and women in the family
- 8 Conclusions
- Appendix I Typical Interview Schedule
- <b>Appendix 2</b> Oxfordshire interviewees' biographical details
- Select bibliography of published secondary sources
- Modern Motherhood
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.