- Title Pages
- List of Figures and Maps
- List of Abbreviations
- General Editor's Introduction
- Note on Terminology
- Chapter One Clocks, Sabbaths and seven-day weeks: the forging of European temporal identities
- Chapter Two Terra sine tempore: colonial constructions of ‘Aboriginal time’
- Chapter Three Cultural curfews: the contestation of time in settler-colonial Victoria
- Chapter Four ‘The moons are always out of order’: colonial constructions of ‘African time’
- Chapter Five Empire of the seventh day: time and the Sabbath beyond the Cape frontiers
- Chapter Six Lovedale: missionary schools and the reform of ‘African time’
- Chapter Seven Conclusion: from colonisation to globalisation
- Unpublished and archival sources
- Official government publications
- Published primary sources
- Secondary sources
- The Colonisation of Time
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.