- Title Pages
- Gender IN History
- List of plates
- The song of the insurgent women
- 1 The making of a feminist: 1833–61
- 2 Headmistress: The education campaign 1862–67
- 3 The ‘parliamentary watchdog’: 1868–Spring 1874
- 4 Calvary to resurrection: Summer 1874–82
- 5 The ‘great mole’ of the women’s movement: 1883–90<sup>1</sup>
- 6 The Women’s Emancipation Union, 1891–July 1899: ‘no mere suffrage society’
- 7 ‘The cold dark night is past’: August 1899–May 1906<sup>1</sup>
- 8 ‘At eventide there will be light’: June 1906–March 1918<sup>1</sup>
- Conclusion Women … will never know how much they owe to her
- Select bibliography
- Elizabeth Wolstenholme Elmy and the Victorian Feminist Movement
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.