- Title Pages
- Series editors’ foreword
- 1 Modernity, myth, colour and collage: the early films
- 2 Work and leisure: <i>Spare Time</i>
- 3 Sound, image and nation: <i>Words for Battle</i> and <i>Listen to Britain</i>
- 4 Documentary reconstruction and prognostication: <i>Fires Were Started</i> and <i>The Silent Village</i>
- 5 ‘What will befall Britain?’ <i>A Diary for Timothy</i>
- 6 An ambiguous national iconography: <i>Family Portrait</i>
- 7 Legacies
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.