- Title Pages
- List of illustrations
- Introduction: film, history and the Spanish Civil War
- 1 Hollywood and the Spanish Civil War: <i>For Whom the Bell Tolls</i>
- 2 The Spanish Civil War in East German cinema: <i>Fünf Patronenhülsen/Five Cartridges</i>
- 3 Surrealism and the past: Fernando Arrabal and the Spanish Civil War
- 4 Film under Franco: <i>La caza/The Hunt</i> and <i>El jardín de las delicias/The Garden of Delights</i>
- 5 Recycling Basque history: patterns of the past in <i>Vacas/Cows</i>
- 6 No laughing matter? Comedy and the Spanish Civil War in cinema
- 7 Ghosts of the past: <i>El espinazo del Diablo/The Devil's Backbone</i>
- 8 A story from the Spanish Revolution: <i>Land and Freedom/Tierra y Libertad</i>
- 9 The search for truth in <i>Soldados de Salamina/Soldiers of Salamina</i>
- The war that won't die
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.