- Title Pages
- Glossary of legal terminology
- 1 Women, marriage and statute law in Ireland
- 2 Provisions made for women and children in family settlements
- 3 Women and legal guardianship
- 4 Single women and property
- 5 Married women and property
- 6 Widows and property
- Appendix A Family biographies<sup>1</sup>
- Appendix B Select biographical index of women
- Appendix C Provisions made for women on marriage, 1747–1845<sup>1</sup>
- Appendix D Guardians and executors, 1767–1855
- Appendix E Provision for daughters and younger sons, 1767–1855
- Appendix F Types of property bequeathed to daughters and younger sons, 1771–1836
- Appendix G Lady Erne's accounts 1776–99: charitable donations
- Manuscript sources
- Women, Marriage and Property in Wealthy Landed Families in Ireland, 1750-1850
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.