- Title Pages
- Figures and tables
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The constitutional framework
- 3 The Secretary of State and the Northern Ireland ministers
- 4 Northern Ireland business in the Westminster Parliament
- 5 The Civil Service: a continuing institution
- 6 The use of quangos
- 7 The role of local government
- 8 Finance and public expenditure
- 9 Cross-border cooperation and British–Irish institutions
- 10 Ombudsmen, commissioners and complaints
- 11 Policy-making under direct rule
- 12 Conclusions
- Direct Rule and the Governance of Northern Ireland
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.