- Title Pages
- Available In The Series
- General Editor's Introduction
- Introduction: Flagships of Imperialism<sup>1</sup>
- Chapter One ‘A large capital and great arrangements’: P&O to 1840<sup>1</sup>
- Chapter Two Full steam ahead: west and east of Suez, 1840–45
- Chapter Three From India to China: P&O and the opium trade, 1845–57
- Chapter Four Competition and the route to Australia, 1847–52
- Chapter Five Views from the boardroom, 1840–55
- Chapter Six Nuts, bolts and money, 1843–65
- Chapter Seven Crisis and rescue, 1853–67
- Flagships of Imperialism
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.