- Title Pages
- List of tables and figures
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Mayors: a new form of local politics or a very English compromise?
- 3 Local political leadership and mayoral government
- 4 Running the council or leading the community? A mayoral dichotomy
- 5 Democracy and representation: the rights of mayors
- 6 Elected mayors: a new style of English local politics?
- 7 The elected mayor: lessons from overseas
- 8 Councillors: a new and developing role or a diminished responsibility?
- 9 Conclusion
- Postscript: the 2005 mayoral elections
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.