- Title Pages
- Maps, figures, and tables
- A note on terminology
- 1 The origins of the <i>Länder</i>
- 2 Theory and constitutional framework of German federalism
- 3 Administrative structures in Germany
- 4 The <i>Land</i> constitutions
- 5 Financing the federal system
- 6 The German <i>Land</i> parliaments <i>(Landtage)</i>
- 7 The <i>Land</i> parliaments deputies in Germany
- 8 Parties and politics in the <i>Länder</i>
- 9 Elections in the <i>Länder</i>
- 10 The <i>Länder</i>, the <i>Bundesrat</i>, and the legislative process in Germany and Europe
- 11 European and foreign policy of the <i>Länder</i>
- 12 Conclusion: the German model of federalism
- The Länder and German federalism
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.