- Title Pages
- Preliminary note
- 1 Uncertainty, economy and improvisation
- 2 The academics: achievement and self-doubt
- 3 The academics: consultation and conditions
- 4 The students: life and opinions
- 5 The students: campaigns and causes
- 6 New direction
- 7 Contraction, 1981–84
- 8 Enterprise and economy
- 9 The Students’ Union and the politicians
- 10 Efficiency and academic freedom
- 11 Research and rationalisation
- 12 Student culture in the 1980s
- 13 Epilogue
- Sources and bibliography
- People interviewed
- Statistical appendix
- A History of the University of Manchester, 1973–90
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.