- Title Pages
- 1 Tale of the city: the imperial metropolis of <i>Heart of Darkness</i>
- 2 Gendering imperialism: Anne McClintock and H. Rider Haggard
- 3 Empire's culture in Fredric Jameson, Edward Said and Gayatri Spivak
- 4 Journeying to death: Paul Gilroy's <i>The Black Atlantic</i>
- 5 Black Atlantic nationalism: Sol Plaatje and W.E.B. Du Bois
- 6 Transnational productions of Englishness: South Africa in the post-imperial metropole
- 7 Theorising race, racism and culture: David Lloyd's work
- 8 Robert Young and the ironic authority of postcolonial criticism
- 9 Cultural studies in the new South Africa
- 10 ‘The Killer That Doesn’t Pay Back’: Chinua Achebe's critique of cosmopolitics
- 11 You <i>can</i> get there from here: critique and utopia in Benita Parry's thought
- Postcolonial Contraventions
- Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.